The Lorraine A. Williams Leadership Award honors a black woman in education or related areas, such as archives, libraries, historical societies, museums, etc.
- Nominees must be outstanding scholars, administrators, or teachers.
- Nominees must have demonstrated mentoring skills, not only in teaching or related work, but in providing networks that enhance the professional growth of other black women scholars and students.
- Nominees must have demonstrated organizational leadership in groups, organizations, or institutions that impact black women.
- Nominees need not be a member of ABWH.
- All nominations must be accompanied by a letter (or letters) that documents each of the above criteria. A biography or CV of the nominee should be included.
- An individual may not nominate herself.
Nomination packets should be sent to lorrainewilliamsabwh@gmail.
For more information: http://truth.abwh.org/awards/lorraine-a-williams/